Position Title: Maintenance Manager
Position Summary: The Maintenance Manager is a full-time position responsible for cleaning and miscellaneous maintenance and repair of facilities owned and operated by Whetstone Brands. The Maintenance Manager reports to the ownership group.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance and Repairs
- Maintain all properties and facilities to Vermont Department of Health Codes
- Maintain all properties and facilities to company standards
- Ensuring that Whetstone facilities are clean and safe at all times.
- Drywall repair – patching, painting
- Painting – maintain all painted surfaces and complete new painting projects
- Carpentry repair – doors, molding, furnishings, cabinets
- Plumbing repair – toilets, sinks, bathtub, shower, caulking
- Electrical – maintain lights interior & exterior, light fixtures
- HVAC – filters, grills, belts, baseboard heating
- General Maintenance and Safety – CO2 & smoke detector batteries, exits free & clear
- Household Utilities – appliances
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings – garbage removal, sweeping and mopping floors, dusting, street litter removal, graffiti removal
- Grounds – maintain exterior walkways, stairs, patio, fences, lawn care
- Vehicles – Assisting with vehicle maintenance, repair and safety requirements
- Fire – Fire alarm systems and fire extinguisher equipment.
- Complete routine preventative maintenance at all properties and facilities, including but not limited to changing water filters, cleaning refrigerator coils, changing filters for AC & Heat, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning and organizing projects as assigned
- Maintenance and upkeep of the miniature golf course, grounds and greens at Kampfires
- Responsible for the cleanliness, skimming, vacuuming and balancing / maintenance of the chemical levels of the swimming pool at Kampfires
- Order and stock needed materials and supplies.
- Collect and dispose of waste and assists in keeping premises in an orderly condition.
- Snow removal including but not limited to plowing, shoveling, sanding, salting and snow blowing to maintain outside sidewalks, driveways and parking lots at all properties.
- Winterizing facilities as necessary
- Seasonal opening of properties and facilities as necessary
- Any reasonable task instructed by management
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling and training support staff (including landscapers, custodians, etc.) as necessary.
- Responds to emergencies related to the facilities, grounds and vehicles.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors for repairs.
- Manage and maintain maintenance budget.
- Communicate effectively with the management team and location GMs.
- Provide regular reporting to ownership group.
- Minimum of three years of experience with facility maintenance and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate miscellaneous hand tools, power tools and large equipment such as lawn maintenance equipment, floor machines, etc.
- Experience and understanding of preventive maintenance, inventory management, record keeping
- Prospective applicants must have knowledge in the various building trades including: janitorial, electrical, plumbing, drywall, HVAC, and carpentry.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A self-motivated approach, with strong work ethic, requiring limited oversight
- Process and results driven leader with demonstrated success managing and achieving operational and financial goals
- Ability to monitor performance and proactively propose necessary modifications to a plan
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented with process-oriented thinking
- Strong capacity to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes
- Impeccable leadership and communication skills to a variety of audiences
- Innate desire to work as a team with a results driven approach to success
- Ability to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to work in a loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environment frequently
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Paid Healthcare, Medical, Vision and Dental at 90 days
- 401k with 100% employer match at 6 months
- Paid time off accrual from start date
- Flexible schedule options
- Education annual allowance
- House Account (valid at all Whetstone Brands properties)
- Discounts (at all Whetstone Brands properties)